Prepare Your Website for the American Market
(This guide is for companies located outside of the United States.)
If you represent an international business, we can help you in optimizing your website for e-commerce sales in the US specifically. At SEO San Francisco, we serve overseas companies that want to use the Internet to sell within the American market. International e-commerce experts will utilize a variety of strategically focused American Search Engine Optimization, or American SEO, techniques to elevate your business website into a Globalized Online Authority.
American Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
We are both an American SEO Consultant and local San Francisco Search Engine Optimization Company. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA with satellite offices in San Jose, CA and San Leandro, CA. Yet, our uniquely mobilized corporate structure allows us to function with equivalent efficiency anywhere around the country—and even around the globe.
In today’s digital age, a global marketplace is efficiently functioning daily via the World Wide Web—allowing for the exchange of products and service all around the world. You no longer need to be a major corporate entity, or even an enterprise-level business, to participate in international trade. The Internet has officially leveled the playing field, making it possible for even small-scale mom-and-pop shops to operate globally.
A one-person business venture—based out of a one-bedroom apartment in Sydney and operating with little more than a laptop computer—can now compete with even the largest of American corporations via e-commerce and with the help of American Search Engine Optimization. By optimizing your website for the American market, you can greatly increase the amount of web traffic and resulting number of inbound sales leads you are receiving exponentially.
American SEO Basics
Before you make the decision to get started with American SEO and Website Optimization, it may be helpful to go over the following list of basic requirements:
- Your product must legally and logistically shippable to the U.S. and have value within the American market—meaning it should be of better quality and/or lower-priced than the competition.
- Your shipping costs should not negate your profit. Large and heavy items, such as furniture pieces, are considerably more difficult to profit on than small or lightweight items like jewelry and clothing.
- You will need a website that is hosted in the U.S. (Websites hosted by servers that are located outside of the country may not be recognized by search engines as American businesses.
Choosing an American SEO Consultant and Getting Started
- First, before beginning the web optimization process, you will need an American SEO Consultant to act as your advocate and guide. This should be someone who has lived abroad, someone who understands the global as well as the American markets and someone who is highly experienced in comprehensive SEO techniques and content-based marketing strategies
- The primary challenge to optimizing your website for the American market will be effectively gaining attention and traction from the major search engines—including Google, Yahoo and Bing. You’ll need the help of a Global SEO Firm that has the highest level of expertise and many years experience in producing proven results through a comprehensive, Holistic Approach to Online Marketing.
- For more information about how SEO Marketing and Website Optimization work together to boost organic search rankings, read our onsite guides: Understanding the Search Engine Optimization Process and Reasons to Optimize Your Website.
- You can also contact us at SEO San Francisco for a free website analysis and consultation»